The Flight: (120 mins approx return.)
Departing Bankstown airport in Sydney, this spectacular scenic flight takes you on a journey over some of Sydney’s most beautiful landscapes. We will track north over Parramatta and then onwards towards the coast passing beautiful scenery below of Sydney City and the Harbour. We will then fly along the coastline towards the Hunter Valley. You will enjoy spectacular views of the Sydney northern beaches, the Central coast and Newcastle including; Palm beach, the Hawkesbury river, Avoca Beach, The Entrance and Lake Macquarie. Overhead Newcastle your pilot will begin tracking inland soaring over the beautiful Hunter Valley region where you will enjoy a bird’s eye view of the green hills, valleys and vineyards below. Shortly after, your pilot will land at Cessnock airport where you will be met by your friendly tour guides for the day.
To ensure you get that perfect shot and enjoy the breathtaking scenery below, your experienced pilot will conduct the flight at low level and at a slower speed, making gentle turns over head all significant points.
Fly Australia operates a fleet of specially designed scenic flight aeroplanes that include a high wing and large panoramic windows to ensure you have uninterrupted views during the whole flight. All onboard will have a window seat.
Along the flight:
Bubbles and Strawberries will be served during the flight.
The Tour with 3 Course Lunch : (6 hours approx.)
On your arrival at the hunter valley you will be greeted by your friendly and experienced tour guide, who will bring together all the best parts of this beautiful region and package it into a day you’ll never forget. Travelling in comfort in a Mercedes-Benz luxury vehicle you can Relax and enjoy the landscape up close.
In your tour:
- You will enjoy tastings at 3 boutique cellar doors.
- You will meet the maker or grower and enjoy the fruits of their wine knowledge, local and family history.
- local chocolate, cheese or olive tasting.
- You will then enjoy a 3 course lunch at a premium Hunter Valley Restaurant.
- You will have the chance to purchase local wines, chocolates and cheeses
Satisfied by a day spend enjoying the hunter valley your tour guides will return you to Cessnock Airport where your pilot will be on standby to return you home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Tour price $980 pp All inclusive
- 2 hour return low level scenic flights
- Window seat
- In-flight commentary by an experienced pilot
- Complimentary champagne and strawberries during your flight
- Private guided tour of the hunter valley including gourmet lunch
- Local wine, cheese and chocolate tastings
- The day tour is 8 hours in duration approximate
- Generally flight times are 9am departure from Bankstown airport-4pm departure from Cessnock. This tour operates 7 days a week.
- The participant must allow an extra 30 minutes before and after the flight for safety briefings, photos etc
Numbers on the Day
Group sizes are generally 2-9 depending on the aircraft being used. Minimum numbers are 2 passengers per flight.
If the weather is unsuitable on the day, the provider's staff will make an assessment and contact the participant directly. In this case, the flight will be rescheduled at a more appropriate time or day.
Pregnant women are encouraged to seek medical advice prior to any flight.
- Due to aircraft weight and balance, maximum passenger weight is 130kg
- Suitable for all ages
- Participants must arrive 30 minutes prior to experience commencement
- Participants are advised to make their own insurance provisions in case of unforeseen circumstances
Once the experience has been confirmed, changes are at the discretion of the experience provider and are arranged directly with them according to this policy:
- Over 48 hours from the experience date: No charge
- Within 48 hours of the experience date: Participants forfeit their deposit and are therefore required to re-book